Find a copy in the library
Find it in libraries globally
|Title:||The me in the mirror /|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||Offset printed by the Seal Press.|
|Description:||260 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.|
|Publisher:||Seattle, WA : Seal Press : Distributed by Publishers Group West,|
|Standard Numbers:||LCCN: 93041623|
|Class Descriptors:||LC Class No.: RC935.M95; Dewey No.: 362.1/9674/0092 B|
I didn't know that most children with this disease die before they're five years old." In this deeply moving and eloquent memoir, Connie Panzarino describes her decades of struggle and triumph, her relationships with family members and long-time lover Ron Kovic (author of Born on the Fourth of July), her eventual turn to lesbianism, and her years of pioneering work in the disability rights movement. Filled with spirit, passion and defiance, The Me In The Mirror tells the story of a remarkable life.
- Panzarino, Connie, -- 1947- -- Health.
- Spinal muscular atrophy -- Patients -- United States -- Biography.
- Women with disabilities -- United States -- Biography.
- Lesbians -- United States -- Biography.
- Muscular Atrophy, Spinal -- United States -- Personal Narratives.
- Disabled -- United States -- Personal Narratives.
- Homosexuality, Female -- United States -- Personal Narratives.