You are not connected to the University of Washington Libraries network. Access to online content and services may require you to authenticate with your library. OffCampus Access (log in)
Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||xxiii, 439 pages ; 26 cm.|
|Contents:||Chapter 1. Diffeology and Diffeological Spaces --
Chapter 2. Locality and Diffeologies --
Chapter 3. Diffeological Vector Spaces --
Chapter 4. Modeling Spaces, Manifolds, etc. --
Chapter 5. Homotopy of Diffeological Spaces --
Chapter 6. Cartan-De Rham Calculus --
Chapter 7. Diffeological Groups --
Chapter 8. Diffeological Fiber Bundles Chapter 9. Symplectic Diffeology.
|Series Title:||Mathematical surveys and monographs, no. 185.|
"Diffeology is an extension of differential geometry. With a minimal set of axioms, diffeology allows us to deal simply but rigorously with objects which do not fall within the usual field of differential geometry: quotients of manifolds (even non-Hausdorff), spaces of functions, groups of diffeomorphisms, etc. The category of diffeology objects is stable under standard set-theoretic operations, such as quotients, products, coproducts, subsets, limits, and colimits. With its right balance between rigor and simplicity, diffeology can be a good framework for many problems that appear in various areas of physics. Actually, the book lays the foundations of the main fields of differential geometry used in theoretical physics: differentiability, Cartan differential calculus, homology and cohomology, diffeological groups, fiber bundles, and connections. The book ends with an open program on symplectic diffeology, a rich field of application of the theory. Many exercises with solutions make this book appropriate for learning the subject."--Publisher's website.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Global differential geometry.
- Symplectic geometry.
- Algebraic topology.
- Differentiable manifolds.
- Differential geometry -- Global differential geometry -- Global differential geometry.
- Differential geometry -- Symplectic geometry, contact geometry -- Symplectic geometry, contact geometry.
- Algebraic topology -- Homotopy theory -- Homotopy theory.
- Algebraic topology -- Homotopy theory -- Loop spaces.
- Algebraic topology -- Fiber spaces and bundles -- Fiber spaces and bundles.
- Algebraic topology -- Fiber spaces and bundles -- Generalizations of fiber spaces and bundles.
- Global analysis, analysis on manifolds -- General theory of differentiable manifolds -- Differential forms.
- Global analysis, analysis on manifolds -- General theory of differentiable manifolds -- Differential spaces.
- Global analysis, analysis on manifolds -- Infinite-dimensional manifolds -- Infinite-dimensional manifolds.
- Globale Differentialgeometrie.
- Symplektische Geometrie.
- Algebraische Topologie.
- Differenzierbare Mannigfaltigkeit.